From recreational sportsman to sports recreation lover in Pärnu
It is fun to be a chair sportsman. Whether in an armchair or beach chair. But what about trying to do it yourself? Sports! Anyone can become an amateur athlete in Pärnu.
It is an easy place to start your career as an amateur athlete. There is no need to register anywhere or make a reservation. The time is now. Right now! Simply get out of your chair, swap your flip-flops for tennis shoes and get moving.
In whichever direction. There are 70 kilometres of light traffic routes, which you can use at any speed and by any means of (light) transport. Outdoor gyms in the parks and on the beach shape the body. Extreme sports and ball courts. Disc golf course in a riverside park. Pleasant hiking and ski trails in the woods around the city. It is all yours. Go and try. And you discover that it is more fun than being an armchair athlete.
Pärnu skating rink
- Did you know that thanks to outdoor lighting, you can skate or play hockey at the Pärnu Skating Rink even during the darkest time of the year?
- The season of the Pärnu HUUM Winter Swimming Centre located at the Pärnu Yacht Harbour lasts from November to 31 March.
- The Pärnu Talisuplus Facebook group also invites you to take a dip by the Papiniidu bridge.
- Did you know that there are also hiking trails in the city? Pärnu coastal meadow allows you to visit the viewing platform and walk above the flooded meadows and the Tammiste trail is great for both walking and recreational sports. The boardwalk of Pärnu breakwater starts in Rannapark by the Pärnu River.
- Outside the city, the most popular hiking trails are in the Soomaa National Park and Matsalu National Park, and in the Kabli region.
Outdoor sports grounds
- Outdoor gyms are located behind the Tervise Spa in Rannapark (at the end of Muuli Street), on Pärnu beach, in Pilli Park, in Rääma Park, by Pärnu Mai School, by the trails in Reiu-Raeküla, and in Paikuse.
- The Pärnu pump track is located next to the city centre bridge and is intended for those interested in biking or bike tricks, as well as for roller skaters and skateboarders.
- The largest sports ground is the Pärnu Beach Stadium.
- In Pärnu you will find a wide range of disc golf parks, ball courts, tennis courts, and outdoor swimming pools.
Surfing in Pärnu
- The Aloha Surf Centre and Pärnu Surf Center are located on Pärnu beach.
- Surfihunt teaches windsurfing in Varbla.
Golf in Pärnu
- White Beach Golfis located in Valgeranna which also has the Valgeranna Adventure Park
- Reiu village hosts the first links style golf course in the Baltics – the Pärnu Bay Golf Links
Tennis in Pärnu
- Two of the largest tennis centres in Pärnu are the Pärnu Tennisehall with several indoor and outdoor courts and the Pärnu Kesklinna Tenniseklubi.
- Outside the city, you will find tennis courts in Pivarootsi and on Kihnu Island.