Of course! Pärnu’s spas are one of the most beloved components of a holiday in Pärnu. Pärnu is a resort town with long-standing traditions and experiences – Pärnu’s first bathing establishment opened its doors in 1838, where warm sea baths were offered during the summer and the joys of the sauna during the winter.The excellent location of the city, a flat sandy beach, fresh air, green parks, along with the clamour of city life and quality treatment and relaxation services, serve to guarantee the popularity of Pärnu’s resorts and spas.
Here you can let yourself be pampered year-round in different spas – water and sauna pleasures, mud treatments, massages, laser and paraffin treatment, salt chambers, and chocolate massages all offer a change of pace for your body and soul. The spas here allow you to enjoy exotic spa experiences as well as Estonian sauna rituals. And for the braver souls, the cold chamber with its –100 °C ‘embrace’ awaits you. All you have to do is choose the right Pärnu SPA, and your holiday can begin.
In 2019, Pärnu was chosen as the best health and wellness tourism destination in Estonia in the EDEN (European Destinations of Excellence) competition organized by the European Commission.
Spa experiences in Pärnu County
Awaiting you alongside modern city spas are the rural farm spas of Pärnu County. A hot Estonian sauna, along with honey procedures and traditional whisking, are offered at various tourism farms. You can try indulging yourself in a smoke sauna and a barrel sauna. For example, the Klaara-Manni Countrywoman’s Spa has been recognised with the EHE (Ehtne ja Huvitav Eesti – Genuine and Interesting Estonia) mark of quality.
The atmosphere in Pärnu is suitable for those who prefer peace and quiet. The only exception would be the summer season when the amount of visitors increases hugely. We recommend bike riding as a pleasantly energizing activity. Pärnu city has over 70 kilometres of pedestrian and cycle pathways which offer a great opportunity to explore the city in an environmentally friendly, healthy way. Make sure to stop at some of our cafes and restaurants with various menus when exploring the city.
Those looking for extreme experiences will find many different active holiday options in Pärnu. The city becomes a popular surfing destination in summer because the warm water and sandy shallow seabed are especially fitting for beginner surfers.
Pärnu county also contains two large national parks offering the opportunity to get away from the city noise and relax in verdant nature. Additionally there are numerous hiking trails in bogs and forests.
Every spa is unique and all visitors should be able to find their preferred experience.
Pärnu has a total of 9 different spas:
- Hedon Spa & Hotel, which is situated in the renovated historic Mud Baths building.
- ESTONIA Resort Hotel & Spa has gathered inspiration from the nature and traditions of Estonia.
- Wasa Resort is Pärnu’s newest spa hotel, offering comfortable guest apartments in addition to standard hotel rooms.
- Tervise Paradiis boasts one of the largest water parks in Estonia. The highermost bar in Pärnu is found here.
- Viiking Spa Hotel has one of the most interesting-looking water parks in Estonia.
- ESTONIA Medical Spa & Hotel is a well-known medical spa with a beautiful view to Pärnu from its spa and sauna complex.
- Tervis Medical Spa is Estonia’s largest medical spa hotel. In addition to a spa centre, you will find a cultural centre, basketball courts and more here.
- Hestia Hotel Strand is a spa hotel with the largest conference hall in Pärnu.
- Wasa Medical Spa & Hotel has a longstanding tradition as a medical spa.