Monument to Oscar Brackmann
Oscar Brackmann (22.10.1841 - 10.02.1927) was the first and a long-serving Mayor of Pärnu, from 1879-1915 and 1918-1919.
He laid the foundation for the development of Pärnu as a seaside resort. He headed the development of the Beach Park, mud baths and sanatorium and the "Waldorf" cellulose factory. During his time in office, Pärnu was linked by railway to Valga and Tallinn, and was the first town in Czarist Russia to introduce electric lighting. The small trading town became famous as a resort and industrial town.
The monument by sculptor Mati Karmin was completed in 1991.