Mihkli Lutheran Church

Mihkli Church was built in the ancient Soontagana Parish in the 13th century and its therefore one of the oldest and most original buildings in Western Estonia.«Tänase nelinurkse kellatorni sai kirik 18. saj, sel aja müüriti kinni ka kiriku põrandaalused hauakambrid.The present square bell tower was built in the 18th century, at the same time when the crypts under the church’s floor were walled in.Kirikaia müüri sisse jääb vana kalmistu.There is an old graveyard inside the wall surrounding the church garden.<0} Useful information! The famous Latvian Henrik who chronicled the Christianisation of Estonia and Latvia and the ancient fight for freedom (1180-1227) was the first priest here.

mihklikogudus@gmail.com
+372 5305 5761
Mihkli küla, Lääneranna vald, Kiriku