Endla Society Building Monument
This modest, grey monument marks the site of the building that belonged to one of the first song and music cultural societies founded in Estonia. The Endla Society was founded in 1875. The society's activities grew and its members decided to build a building for its activities. This Jugendstil building was designed by the architects G. Hella (pre-design), A. Jung (design) and E. von Wolffeldt (exterior design), and was built from 1908-1911. On February 23, 1918, advocate H. Kuusner read out the Estonian Declaration of Independence, the "Manifesto to the Peoples of Estonia", to the public from the balcony of the Endla Theatre. The monument to the Endla Theatre designed by the sculptor M. Karmin was constructed in 1989.
Features and amenities
By excursion bus
By public transport