Tori St George’s Lutheran Church
Tori Church, which was built in 1854, has a complicated past. The German Army burnt the church down in 1944 when retreating from the Red Army. Trees were already growing in the church hall when its restoration began in 1990. The church was consecrated in 2001 as a memorial to all victims of the Second World War and is now known as the Estonian Soldiers Memorial Church. The church is well loved by local people and also used as a concert venue. The church also performs several functions as a memorial church – it is the place where Estonian policemen and officers and sworn into office and where historical anniversaries of Estonia are celebrated.
Features and amenities
Drive 25 km towards Tori from Pärnu.
Sealed access road
By excursion bus
By public transport